Sept - Oct 2019 MBS Gig & Event Calendar
Contribute to the MBS Papa Don McMinn Musician Fund:
OPEN BLUES JAMS,
MEMPHIS, TN SCHEDULE:
• Brad Webb & Friends Blues Jam,
Thursdays, 7:30-11pm, Sponsored by the Memphis Blues Society, RockHouse Live Memphis, 5709 Raleigh-Lagrange Rd, Memphis, TN 38134
Bring your instrument and sign up to participate in the Jam!! Support live music! Remember to tip the band.
• Royal Blues Band Big Jam, Jack Rowell, Jr., *3rd Tuesday each month, 7-10pm, Lafayette’s Music Room, 2119 Madison Ave. (*the day of month is subject to change, call Lafayette's ahead of time to verify).
JOIN THE BLUES SOCIETY
Here’s your chance to become a part of the Memphis Blues Society! As a 501(c)(3)nonprofit arts organization, The MBS relies on the financial support of Blues fans. Donations and memberships are tax deductible. Your membership provides great opportunities to meet new friends who share your love of the Blues. Attend MBS events, get discounted concert tickets and merchandise and contribute through reviews and articles and more.
o MBS Musician Compilation CD (MP3s) for new members
o Monthly eNewsletter (via E-mail)
o Member musician promotion through the website/social media pages; e-mail message blasts (1,100+ distribution)
o Listing of musician, band gigs in MBS Gig & Events Calendar
o Attend jams & other activities with other Blues lovers
o Tunica’s Gateway to the Blues Museum: $2 off regular priced adult museum admission
o Killer B Guitars: 20% discount on in-stock guitars
o Opportunity to contribute to reviews, articles
o Share your talents by volunteering on MBS committees and at MBS events
Small Business: $100
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT THE BLUES
- Check the MBS Gig & Event Calendar (on the MBS website homepage) for other jams and appearances by MBS Member Musicians
- Support and promote the blues by listening to a LIVE blues band tonight and remember to tip the musicians!
- Purchase artist CD's and merchandise
- Tell your friends!
- Register your Kroger's Plus Card free with the Kroger Community Rewards Program (http://www.krogercommunityrewards.com). Register your card with the Memphis Blues Society (NPO #35818). Kroger's donates a percentage of each registered user's purchase to the Memphis Blues Society. There is no cost to the consumer for this Kroger's program.
Partners in Kind: Ellen Klyce, Rattlebone Jones, Angela Ghoreishi, Excellent Roofing